3 Fast & Healthy Dinner Ideas to Start the New Year Right
Everyone wants to look and feel their best, so every New Year brings with it a gazillion resolutions from people all around the world looking to get fit and lose weight. While Kyani and other supplements can definitely help you on your quest, great low-calorie meals are a must.
Here are three of our favorite fast and healthy dinner recipes to keep you on track and enjoying every bite. Enjoy!
1. White Chicken Chili
A hearty and savory one-pot meal that can be on the table and ready to eat in under an hour.
- 4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cans of rinsed and drained white beans
- 2 skinless, shredded chicken breasts
- 2 seeded and diced poblano peppers
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen corn
- 1 diced large yellow onion
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
*Lime wedges, sour cream, and tortilla chips are optional.
- Blend half of the beans with once cup of chicken broth in a food processor and set to the side.
- In a large pot, add the vegetable oil and turn the heat to medium.
- Add the onion, poblano peppers, and jalapeno pepper and sauté until soft.
- Add the minced garlic and continue sautéing for another minute.
- Add the coriander, cumin, and chili powder and cook for an additional minute while stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken stock, the puréed beans from step one, and half of a teaspoon of salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- When boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Stir in the rest of the whole white beans as well as the corn, shredded chicken breasts, and lime juice.
- Continue simmering for about five minutes or until everything is thoroughly heated.
- Add more salt or lime juice to taste and enjoy.
2. Grilled Fish Tacos
A refreshing and oh so delicious favorite for everyone big and small.
- 12 warmed corn tortillas
- 4 teaspoons of ancho chili powder
- 3 cups of shredded green or red cabbage
- 2 pounds of skinned Pacific halibut or mahi-mahi
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cracked pepper
- ¼ cup of low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of low-fat sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to form an adobo rub.
- Rub the rub all over each of the fish pieces and let sit for 30 minutes for maximum flavor absorption.
- Prepare the coleslaw by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, salt, pepper, and sugar in a medium bowl until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the cabbage to the mixture and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat.
- Turn the grill to medium or medium-high and oil the rack.
- Grill the fish for approximately 4 minutes per side or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Separate the fish fillets into chunks and serve with the tortillas, coleslaw, and your favorite taco garnishes.
3. Ginger, Garlic, and Chili Shrimp
A quick and easy recipe to wow the taste buds and shed some pounds.
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ½ tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 pounds of peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- ¼ cup of fresh ginger
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of kosher salt
- Combine the water, salt, chili powder, and half of the sugar in a medium bowl and whisk until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Drop the shrimp in the mixture and let sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat up the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Toss in the garlic and ginger. Stir constantly for one minute using a wooden spoon.
- Add the rest of the sugar and keep on stirring for another minute or two.
- Drain the shrimp and add it to the sauté pan.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and continue stirring until the shrimp are barely firm and nicely pink.
- Serve with rice and enjoy immediately!
These are just a few of the many terrific fast and healthy recipe ideas out there, so there are no excuses not to reach your health and fitness goals this year. Combined with Kyani, a great support system, and a determined mindset, your success is all but guaranteed!